Friday, January 18, 2013

Playdough!!



Maru in the Pre-K class in Brighton was showing me how she was teaching her students how to make letters and words with the playdough!!  I just LOVE it!!

Maru en la clase de Pre-K en Brighton me mostraba cómo estaba enseñando a sus alumnos a hacer letras y palabras con la plastilina!  ME ENCANTA!

First she taught them how to make a "snake" with the playdough, and then it was up to them to try to write the words!!  What a wonderful combination of fine motor work, a sensory experience as well as a literacy activity!!!  

Here are a couple of Playdough Recipes for you to make for your students!!  It lasts a long time if you store it in an air tight container or a plastic bag.  

Primero les enseñó cómo hacer una "serpiente" con la plastilina, y luego  ellos tenian que tratar de escribir las palabras! ¡Qué maravillosa combinación de trabajo de la motricidad fina, una experiencia sensorial, y una actividad de alfabetización!

Aquí hay un par de recetas de plastilina que pueden hacer para sus estudiantes! Dura mucho tiempo si la guardan en un recipiente hermético o en una bolsa de plástico.


Playdough Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Food coloring by drops
Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a pan and stir.  Cook over low heat, stirring until a ball forms.
2. Add food coloring and mix thoroughly until desired color.
3. Cool on foil. Store in covered container.
As an alternative, try adding koolaid, peppermint, lemon extract, glitter or any other fun things to the playdough!
I came across these "I Can" task cards from Pre-kpages.com.  I love it so much!!  We could easily make them into "Yo Puedo" task cards in Spanish!!
Me encontré con estos "Yo puedo" tarjetas de Pre-kpages.com. Las amo tanto! Fácilmente podríamos hacerlas en español!

The play dough task cards included are:


  • I can use cookie cutters   Puedo usar moldes de galletas
  • I can spell my name  Puedo deletrear mi nombre
  • I can make people     Puedo hacer la gente
  • I can make snakes  Puedo hacer las serpientes
  • I can roll the dough  Puedo extender la plastilina
  • I can cut the dough Puedo cortar la plastilina




This is what the Playdough Center looks like in pre-kpages.com's classroom.  



This is what the actual cards look like!!  There's so many things that we can do with playdough!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment